Jamaica Plain Animal Clinic

10A Green St
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130




Health Certificates


Certificates for Boarding, Daycare and Grooming (for current clients)

We are happy to provide these to you, or fax / email them to the previously mentioned service providers.  You can request your pet's vaccination certificate by giving us a call at 617-524-7300.


Flying Domestically (within the contiguous 48 states or Alaska) with your pet?

Check with the individual airline regarding their requirements for appropriate paperwork and carrier size.  Some will accept just a Rabies Certificate, whereas others require that your pet be examined and issued a Health Certificate within 10 days of travel.


Planning on traveling Internationally with your pet?

  • All of our doctors are accredited by the USDA to issue international health certificates.
  • Before making plans to travel internationally with your pet/s, please check into the requirements of the country you will be traveling to. 

The USDA-APHIS maintains a database of this information: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel.  Please note that many countries, as well as the state of Hawaii, require a specific series of steps involving rabies vaccination, rabies titer, microchipping and possibly deworming that need to start months in advance of your trip.

It is the sole responsibility of the pet owner to make sure their pet has met the requirements of the destination country.


APHIS Resources:

International Pet Travel Fact Sheet